Sunday, November 25, 2012

iPhone Sensible.

Technology nowadays always seizes to amaze me. I am the kind of person that is fascinated by things very easily, so these advancements do not help my case at all. If I could, I would definitely buy every new interesting product in a heartbeat, but as our knowledge of technology has increased, so has the prices. And frankly, I'm unfortunately not Bill Gates. This may sound contradicting considering the phone I have now is the new Samsung Galaxy S3, but I honestly wouldn't have thought of getting it if I hadn't won it from a radio station. I would think of myself as the kind of person working within my means. I believe a phone is phone, but if it's a fancy phone that enables you to watch a video and text at the same time, well, that's a just bonus. I would consider myself as the kind of person that would want the top of the line products, but I also realize that I don't exactly need them either. I would be able to happily live without them, and if my friend happens to be the kind of person to have those products, well I could always use theirs.


I truly believe that Apple is one of the smartest and most creative companies of our generation. Since the 20th century they've always been the leaders in electronic technology. They've managed to uphold this status, and I believe that they will stay that way throughout the coming years. I have a lot of respect for their work and feel that their new products will be better than ever. I'm always excited to find out their new ideas and how they can incorporate it into a tiny chip. I feel like they are always trying to top their own work, and the materials that they will soon release will be more advanced, and better than the iPhone, which is incredibly shocking. To us, the iPhone is the best it can get, but I have a feeling they're hiding a whole treasure box of products that are ready to amaze us.

Hopefully, these companies will retreat back into the age of smaller phones. When the iPhone first came out, I told myself I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it was smaller, but as time went on it has gotten bigger and bigger and hasn't stopped. I'm hoping as time passes the iPhone will not end up like this:


Not only would I be shocked, but I wouldn't even think about buying it. People laugh at me because of my "gigantic" phone, but they're also the same people who are begging for the iPhone 5, which is the same height as my Galaxy may I add. In this case, size matters, but so do applications. There's a certain perk in the Galaxy, called Pop-Up Play, which enables me to watch videos while I text, surf the internet etc. I haven't seen Apple come out with this specific function yet but I can honestly say it's one of the coolest things I've come across. So, for now, I'd say the iPhone hasn't got its work cut out, but who knows? Maybe Apple might top it and create an app that allows me to turn my lights off with a single tap. Maybe they'll create a  holographic feature. Maybe I'll be able to watch actors walk from one side of the room to another. But for now, I'll just hope for a way to change the context of my sentence from lowercase to all capitals without deleting everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment